For best results, please follow these aftercare instructions carefully. You have been tattooed in an hygienic, world class studio – now it is up to you to take care of your new art for a lifetime…
- Please remove the covering from your tattoo when you get home – do not leave it on for more than 2 hours, the covering is simply to protect your fresh tattoo.
- After removing the covering, wash your tattoo gently with mild soap & clean water then pat your tattoo dry with a clean towel (do not rub). Next apply a very thin layer of aftercare cream – you do not need to wrap up your tattoo again.
- For the next 5 – 7 days, gently wash your tattoo morning & night before applying a very thin layer of aftercare cream, as above. Also apply aftercare cream a few times during the day if your tattoo looks or feels dry, to a maximum of 3 applications per day. The aim is to keep your tattoo just moist – too much aftercare cream will make your tattoo soggy, too little cream will make your tattoo dry and cracked.
- On the first night of having your new tattoo, it may seep a little liquid, ink and/or blood – don’t panic, this is normal! Just wash it gently in the morning as per above instructions
- After a few days, your tattoo will become itchy & flaky, this is also normal – please DO NOT scratch it or pick at any scabs that may form as this can cause scarring.
For 1-2 weeks after getting tattooed, please:
- Keep your tattoo out of direct or prolonged exposure to sunlight.
- Do not soak your tattoo in water, choose showers instead of baths and take quick swims only.
- Keep your tattoo clean and free of dirt, fake tan, sunscreen, sand and other foreign matter.
- Do not wear tight or restrictive clothing, or jewellery, over your fresh tattoo.
- If you’ll be taking a flight, your tattoo may swell up on the plane – don’t panic, this is normal and should settle down after you land.
- If travelling to less developed areas, please don’t forget to pack bottled water, mild soap and your aftercare cream.
By following these instructions, your tattoo should heal perfectly. If you have any concerns, please send us a message.